Tuesday, January 27, 2015

 

A Reactionary

Francis Stuart Campbell (pseudonym of Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn), "Credo of a Reactionary," The American Mercury, Vol. LVII, No. 235 (July 1943) 86-92 (at 86):
I do not hesitate to announce that I am a reactionary. I take a deep pride in the fact. I see no more virtue in looking forward longingly to an unknown future than in looking backward nostalgically to known and proven values.

The term "reactionary" as I use it does not stand for a definite and immutable set of ideas. It stands for an attitude of mind. As a reactionary I resent and oppose the spirit and the trends of the epoch I am forced to live in, and seek to restore the spirit which had its finest embodiment in by-gone periods.



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?